Name- Viral Shirish Shethiya
College- K.J. Somaiya College of Science and Commerce
Course Name- BFM
Rank in TY sem V- 1st
GPA/ Percentage- 7/ 79.14%
1) Tell us about yourself?
1) Myself Viral Shethiya.. I am from Somaiya College. I Opted out for BFM just because i wanted to understand whst is happening in the real world. I wanted to learn why every government or economy in the world is affected by their capital markets. And i am really glad that i am into this course. My ambition is to become a Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA).
2) How does it feel to be a Topper of the college in T.Y sem V exams?
2) It really feels good being a topper of college.
3) Whom will you credit your success to?
3) I will surely give credits for my success to my teachers who helped me out in understanding each and every aspect of the subjects. And of course to my Mother who helped me in concentrating for exams.
4)Did you start preparing from the first day of your TY sem V?
4) No i didn’t started preparing from the first day. Its really not important to start studying from the very first day.. You just need to pay attention in the class and make notes for the things you feel difficult to understand.
5)How did you study for Sem V?
5) I gave preference to those subjects first which i felt difficult and gave more time to those subjects and remaining subjects were done in class itself as the lectures conducted were vey qualitative.
6) Which are the easy subjects in Sem V?
6) Out of all the 6 subjects i felt Derivatives Market, Insurance Fund Management and Regulation of Securities Market were the easiest subjects. For other subjects you need to concentrate properly.
7) Any special way of writing the answer? Do you write answers in bullet points or in paragraphs?
7) Yes i do write answers in bullet points. It really makes difference that how you write your answers and make your paper more presentable. Writing answers in points will make the answer more attractive and easy for the examiner to locate the important points of the answer..
8)How do you crack case studies in theory and practical subjects?
8) Case studies are something which need to be understand by you properly and then put it down in your words…
9) Did you draw any diagram in any paper? Is it mandatory? Does it help to get more marks?
9) Yes diagram is very important as answer with diagram makes the paper more presentable.
10) Any specific study pattern adopted i.e timetable/ how many hours per subject per day?
10) I really do not follow any specific study pattern but i do give more time to the subjects which need to be understand properly and are bit difficult to understand.
11)How do you fight against mood swings and distractions during exam preparation?
11) Distractions and mood swings are normal for any student whose exams are approaching… I will tell you how i ignore all this and concentrate.. Whenever you feel like you dont want to study anymore just take a break for sometime and do the things which you like the most and make yourself feel fresh again…
12)If you are made the vice-chancellor of Mumbai university, what changes would you like to initiate in Indian Education system?
12) I would like to change the study pattern of our education system, shift of focus from theroy based learning to practical learning.. Giving more space to students to explore the things and giving them more broader picture of what they are studying..
13) Many student preapareu sincerely but constantly live under fear that they are not from big college/ not from English medium and eventually lose confidence. What message would you like to give to these students?
13) Being a Vernacular medium student i do understand the feeling of those students who are not confident enough to speak up in the public places in english language. But i hope everybody knows Practice Makes Man Perfect…
14)Through this struggle and success what have you learned? What is the wisdom of life and competition?
14) After all this 3 year of struggle I have learned that if you focus on the things which are really important and put in some efforts the success will be in your hands. Message For those students who are thinking of getting into this course is you should be ready for the all together new experience and new things you are going to learn..