Name – Sunnil Chawla
College Name – Ghanshyamdas Saraf College of Arts & Commerce
Course Name – BFM
Sem I – 2nd
Sem II – 3rd
Sem III – 1st
Sem IV – 3rd
Sem V – 1st
Sem V GPA / Percentage= 6.86 / 77.71%
1) Tell us about yourself?
1- I chose BFM because to me financial market and law are one of the important pillars of any country.
2) How does it feel to be a Topper of the college in TY Sem V exams?
2.It really feels good and motivates me to strive more for excellence.
3) Whom will you credit your success to?
- I’ll give the credit of my success in semester 5 to my coordinator, teachers, college, classmates and also my family.
4) Did you start preparing from the first day of your TY Sem V?
4.No, I didn’t ,but attending regular lectures helped me a lot.
5) How did you study for Sem V?
5.I referred to the provided notes and recommended textbooks. As for tips concentration is the key!
6) Which are the easy subjects in Sem V?
6.Foreign Exchange, Portfolio Management and Derivatives Market.
7) Any special way of writing the answers? Do you write answers in bullet points or in paragraphs?
- Yes, I prefer writing the answers in bullets as it makes it easier to comprehend the question asked in proper manner. Thereby the examiner gets clear idea what the students wants to convey.
8) How do you crack case studies in theory and practical subjects?
8.The training given to us by our colleges makes it easy to solve the case studies. Understanding and analyzing the case is important.
9) Did you draw any diagram in any paper? Is it mandatory? Does it help to get more marks?
9. Yes, I did draw diagrams wherever required. Diagrams helps to us to explain the answers well since they are self explanatory.
10)Any specific study pattern adopted i.e. timetable / how many hours per subject per day etc.?
10.No, I had no such time timetable or a specific time schedule. But I did study regularly.
11) How do you fight against mood swings and distractions during exam preparation?
- I am not that moody, but listening to music is a good way to control mood swings.
12) If you are made the Vice Chancellor of Mumbai University, what changes would you like to initiate in Indian education system?
12. I will change the study pattern from theoretical to practical form. Whenever any subject is taught in a practical manner, students comprehend it in a proper manner. It enables them to put such ideas in practical. I will also change 75:25 marks pattern back to 60:40.
13) Many students prepare sincerely but constantly live under fear that they are not from big college / not from English medium and eventually lose confidence. What message would you like to these students?
13. I’ll just like to advise them to do their best and there is nothing to fear. At the end this is an university exam and big or small college doesn’t matter.
14) Through this struggle and success, what have you learned? What is the wisdom of life and competition?
- I have learned that hardwork does pay off and we should be confident.