Name – Harshil Shah
College Name – KC College, Churchgate
Course Name – B. Com ( Financial Markets) (BFM)
Rank in TY Sem V : 1st
GPA / Percentage: GPA-7, 79.14%
1) Tell us about yourself?
I have always been interested in stock markets and investment stream, BFM was the most ideal course for me to get knowledge about the topic I was interested in, it gave me a platform to get connected with stock markets.
After BFM planning for an overseas CFA course i.e. Chattered Financial Analyst which would give me further in-depth knowledge about fundamental analysis about the market.
2) How does it feel to be a Topper of the college in TY Sem V exams?
It feels very good, makes me feel more confident to achieve the further goals of my career.
3) Whom will you credit your success to?
I would give a lot of credit to the teachers who helped me to achieve the success that I have got, secondly my friends who were there to clear what so ever last minute doubts and my family and parents who always backed my abilities and motivated me to achieve success.
4) Did you start preparing from the first day of your TY Sem V?
NO, I started preparing for the exams when there were merely 30-40 days to go for the exams.
5) How did you study for Sem V?
Financial Markets is course which has been more of a practical subject, studying each subject and practically trying to make its real analysis and studying helped me. Most of the subjects are theory based subjects, thus it is necessary to make diagrams and pictures in order to study , mugging up any of the subjects will leave u in a dump as the subjects have vast matter to be covered which makes it essential to properly understand the subject matter to and study for better results.
6) Which are the easy subjects in Sem V?
According to me while studying Insurance and portfolio management where one of the easy subjects for me, but all the subjects were easy if properly understood and learnt.
7) Any special way of writing the answers? Do you write answers in bullet points or in paragraphs?
Point form is very important. It helps to explain in a better way and also looks neat presentation wise. Pointers also help to memorize the answers while writing.
8) How do you crack case studies in theory and practical subjects?
Case studies are interesting. Firstly the cases have to be thoroughly read and understood which makes it easy to answer the question.
9) Did you draw any diagram in any paper? Is it mandatory? Does it help to get more marks?
Yes , diagrams, charts ,tables etc help to compile a better answer, it helps to make a better presentation and also helps to memorize the answer well with the help of a diagram or a table.
10)Any specific study pattern adopted i.e. timetable / how many hours per subject per day etc.?
Yes, before exams it is very important to prepare proper time table of your studies i.e. how will you take on each subject. Proper planning and preparing a time table will help to reduce confusion as what to study, when to study. It will also help save time.
11) How do you fight against mood swings and distractions during exam preparation?
Firstly according to me study only when you are fresh, proper rest and sleep helps to remain fresh during the studying hours, I usually study at the night in order to concentrate after a proper sleep and rest.
12) If you are made the Vice Chancellor of Mumbai University, what changes would you like to initiate in Indian education system?
I would certainly increase the time limit, many a times even if students know the answers , they are unable to write due to time shortage. I would give enough time to complete the exam properly .
13) Many students prepare sincerely but constantly live under fear that they are not from big college / not from English medium and eventually lose confidence. What message would you like to these students?
Big colleges and the speech does not matter in the future life, even if you are from a small college you can reach anywhere , hard work and concentration is key, it is just the intellect and the knowledge that matters in the real world , college name is just an extra value but the real strength is the knowledge about the topic.
14) Through this struggle and success, what have you learned? What is the wisdom of life and competition?
Life never waits for anyone, in this competitive world it is essential to work hard and achieve success. It is rightly said there are “ No Free Lunches “, thus it is very important to work hard to achieve success.