Interview with Aryaa Padwal, TYBFM CR, M.L. Dahanukar College
By Rajnish Pathak
Name – Aryaa Padwal
College Name – M.L.Dahanukar College of Commerce
Course Name –BFM
Which year –TY
- Tell us about yourself (your background, why did you join the course)?
I am Aryaa Padwal and I am based from Mumbai. I was always fascinated by stock markets since my childhood,as I have been watching my mother investing in the markets and educating me about the markets. She was the one who found out about BFM course and advised me to join it. However, she did not pressurize me in any form, it was solely my decision to join the course.
- How does it feel to be the Class Representative of the class? (How long have you been the CR of the class, what motivated you to become the CR)
Well, it’s a sense of responsibility and authority together. It feels good to know that somewhere even you can lead a bunch of people in a friendly manner yet have control on them. I have been in this post for the past 2 years now. I wanted to polish my leadership skills and what could be better than being a CR!
- What do you mean by leadership? Tell us about a time / describe a situation when you have proved you have better leadership skills.
Leadership is basically growing along with your team mates, at the same time helping them in doing their work. I have been the head of the course fest this year and also head of NSDL’s BRAND AMBASSADOR Competition held last year during the course fest. Winners of the competition were the “face of NSDL” for a year and they had to promote NSDL in various colleges and educational intuitions. The competition was designed by me and NSDL used the same structure of the competition in other colleges too in order to search their BRAND AMBASSADORS. Also, I am in charge of NCFM modules the details and the required process to enrol for the modules was explained conducted by the NSE. The same was also presented by me to the juniors. Also, I have helped many students open their NCFM account.
- What are the most important values you demonstrate as a leader?
I am a helpful person so I always help people if they have any doubt, anything regarding matters in syllabus or off syllabus. Also I ensure a perfect balance between student’s demands and teacher’s expectations.
- Does a leader need to be motivated? How can leaders maintain themselves to stay motivated?
Yes, leaders need to be motivated. As the Mercedes tagline goes “The best or nothing”, well that’s my funda to stay motivated always, be it in the shoes of a CR or as a person.
- What is the most difficult part of being a leader?
Sometimes, there have been situations wherein I had to take a tough stand many a times against the students but for their betterment. However, they have understood this and accepted it without a grudge. They have been supportive as well.
- What is your greatest strength and weakness as a leader?
My strength is that I have balanced my responsibilities and authorities always.
My weakness is that if something goes wrong, I usually find myself more responsible than anyone else.
- According to you, what is BFM all about?
All the courses is helps one put a step forward to attain their goals in their lives. BFM is a course where you can gain knowledge about Indian financial markets and global markets. I see BFM as one course which can help one earn money even by sitting at home by investing in the markets, if a person has knowledge about it which BFM helps one attain.
- As a student, what changes would you like to bring in Indian education system?
Indian education system needs to be more practical orientated rather than theoretical and the weird grading system currently run by the university needs to be abolished. There should be more often visits to the financial institutions, wherein students can gain more practical knowledge.
- What would you advice someone planning to do BFM?
Just stay updated about the current market scenario over the globe.
- Through this struggle and success, what have you learned? What is the wisdom of life and competition? What is your message to the upcoming BFM students?
In life, whatever you do, do it with your full dedication and sincerity. Every human being is not a born genius, so hard work, persistence, dedication, sincerity can lead one to one’s dream. Message to upcoming BFMites is that this course can help you attain financial freedom. Dream it, plan it and you will reach it.
- Your feedback for BFM.co.in?
Great work done by the whole team. A very nice initiative by the team. Keep it going, Just a few suggestions would be to improve the search option and make website a bit more professional looks wise.