Name –Angad Sahani
College Name – Jai Hind College
Course Name – BFM
Which year – FY
- Tell us about yourself?
-I am a citizen of Mumbai itself, I always had my interest in commerce so I decided to join this stream. Having spent 2 years with commerce subjects gave me enough time to decide my specialisation course and since I was always fascinated by people from the finance background, I chose to take up bfm.
- How does it feel to be the Class Representative of the class?
-It gives me immense pleasure to be the class representative, it is one of the life situations that make me feel how important it is to be responsible and efficient, I have been the class representative for the past 7 months. I always looked up to my father and his leadership qualities and it is the same feeling that motivated me to know more about myself by testing my skills.
- What do you mean by leadership? Tell us about a time / describe a situation when you have proved you have better leadership skills.
-Leadership is basically a position where you as a person lead a certain group or an organization to success and make sure they follow the right path.
- What are the most important values you demonstrate as a leader?
-The most important value that I demonstrate as a leader is the fact that I hold myself completely responsible for all the decisions/actions that I take in class or for the class and that I am accountable for any problems that occur.
- Does a leader need to be motivated? How can leaders maintain themselves to stay motivated?
-Yes , every leader must be motivated. For them to stay motivated they need immense support and co operation of their people. It is important that the people who a leader leads support him, it is then when he is constantly motivated to perform better and improvise on himself.
- What is the most difficult part of being a leader?
As long as you are hard working and committed there is no problem that doesn’t have a solution, so according to me there is no difficulty in being a leader.
- What is your greatest strength and weakness as a leader?
-My greatest strength would be my ability to look at things differently and find solutions to problems, this at times also becomes my weakness wherein I fail to understand some situations properly.
- According to you, what is BFM all about?
According to me they all teach us how to be successful managers and business leaders, but they each individually specialise this in different works of life.
- As a student, what changes would you like to bring in Indian education system?
The main change that I would like to bring is make our education system more focused on practicality and reality which our theoretical studies don’t.
- What would you advice someone planning to do BFM?
Make sure you have thoroughly learnt about the course that you want to do and stay focused and hard working to get into the course of your choice, don’t make it a compromise.
- Through this struggle and success, what have you learned? What is the wisdom of life and competition? What is your message to the upcoming BFM students?
-I’ve learnt that if we are committed,have a strong will power and the support of our loved ones, nothing is impossible.
- Your feedback for BFM.co.in?
Thoroughly impressed with the efforts they take into getting us speak our minds and bring out the leader In us. Keep up the good work-thank you.
Thanks on behalf of the readers, we wish you the best for all your future endeavors.
INTERVIEW TAKEN BY VANITA GODWANI, JAI HIND COLLEGE