Name – Aishwarya Nair
College Name – SIES College of Commerce & Economics
Course Name – BFM
Rank in TY Sem V : 2nd rank
GPA / Percentage: 6.86/ 75.28%
1) Tell us about yourself?
I wasn’t sure about the course that I wanted to pursue after my 12th. After I checked the subjects of BFM I found some of them very interesting and that is how I decided to take up this course.
I plan to pursue MBA after graduation.
2) How does it feel to be a Topper of the college in TY Sem V exams?
It feels great and it certainly feels good to make my parents proud.
3) Whom will you credit your success to?
I would credit my success to my parents, teachers and friends who were always very supportive.
4) Did you start preparing from the first day of your TY Sem V?
No. But I would suggest it’s good to start preparing 1month before the exam.
5) How did you study for Sem V?
I solved and practiced as many sums as possible before the exam. In the case of theory subjects I just understood the concepts well. Attending lectures help to understand the subjects better.
6) Which are the easy subjects in Sem V?
All the subjects are easy.
7) Any special way of writing the answers? Do you write answers in bullet points or in paragraphs?
I write answers in bullet points and underline the head points. Always try to keep your answer sheet neat and presentable.
8) How do you crack case studies in theory and practical subjects?
Once you understand the concept thoroughly it becomes easy to crack case studies.
9) Did you draw any diagram in any paper? Is it mandatory? Does it help to get more marks?
I drew diagrams wherever necessary. No, it is not mandatory to draw diagrams but it does help in scoring good marks.
10) Any specific study pattern adopted i.e. timetable / how many hours per subject per day etc.?
No, I did not have any specific study pattern. But studying regularly is very important.
11) How do you fight against mood swings and distractions during exam preparation?
I only studied when I felt like and took enough breaks in between to keep myself relaxed.
12) If you are made the Vice Chancellor of Mumbai University, what changes would you like to initiate in Indian education system?
I would include more practical subjects rather than theory based curriculum.
13) Many students prepare sincerely but constantly live under fear that they are not from big college / not from English medium and eventually lose confidence. What message would you like to give to these students?
My message to such students will be it’s not necessary to be from a big college/ English medium it doesn’t really matter as long as the student has faith in himself and prepares well for the exam.
14) Through this struggle and success, what have you learned? What is the wisdom of life and competition?
Always stay focused in life. There will be struggle but you shouldn’t lose hope. Keep striving for success and have faith in yourself.
15) Your feedback for BFM.co.in?
BFM.co.in is a great initiative and its doing really good.