Foundation Course in Physical Education- Part II – Revised FYBFM Syllabus 2016
Modules at a Glance
|Sr. No||Modules||No. of Lectures|
|1||Development of Fitness||10|
|2||Health, Fitness and Diseases||15|
|4||Daily Schedule of Achieving Quality of Life and Wellness||10|
Foundation Course in Physical Education- Part II – Syllabus Overview
|Sr. No.||Modules / Units|
|1||Development of Fitness|
|• Benefits of physical fitness and exercise and principles of physical fitness
• Calculation of fitness index level 1-4
• Waist-hip ratio Target Heart Rate, BMI and types and principles of exercise (FITT)
• Methods of training – continues, Interval, circuit, Fartlek and Plyometric
|2||Health, Fitness and Diseases|
|• Definition of obesity and its management
• Communicable diseases, their preventive and therapeutic aspectS
• Factors responsible for communicable diseases
• Preventive and therapeutic aspect of Communicable and non- communicable diseases
|• Meaning and history of yoga
• Ashtang yoga and types of yoga
• Types of Suryanamaskar and Technique of Pranayam
• Benefits of Yoga
|4||Daily Schedule of Achieving Quality of Life and Wellness|
|• Daily schedule based upon one’s attitude, gender, age &occupation.
• Basic – module: – Time split for rest, sleep, diet, activity & recreation.
• Principles to achieve quality of life:- positive attitude, daily regular exercise, control over food habits & healthy hygienic practices.
Reference books for subject: Foundation Course in Physical Education- Part II
|Foundation Course in Physical Education : ~|
|• LippianCott Williams and Wilkins 2006.
• American College of Sports Medicine, ACSM’s, Guidelines for Exercise Testing and Priscription. (2013) Ninth Edition, LippianCott Williams and Wilkins.
• American College of Sports Medicine, ACSM’s Resource Manual for Guidelines for Exercise Testing and Priscription. (2006) 5th Ed., LippianCott Williams and Wilkins, 2006.
• Beashel, P.,& Taylor, J. (1996). Advance Studies in Physical Education and Sports. U.K.: Thomas Nelson and Sons Ltd.
• Bucher, C.A. (1995). Foundation of Physical Education (12th Ed.) USA : St. Louis,
• C.V. Mosloy.
• Colfter, G.R., Hamilton, K.E., Magill R.A.,& Hamilton B.J. (1986). Contemporary Physical Education. USA :Wim C. Brown Publisher.
• Daryl S. (1994). Introduction to physical education, fitness and sports (2nd ed.). London: Mayfield publishing company.
• Dheer, S.D.(1991). Introduction to Health Education. New Delhi : Friends Publication.
• Dr.A.K.Uppal&Dr. G. P. Gautam (2004). Physical education and Health. Delhi: Friends publisher.
• Dr.Gharote M. L; Teaching Methods for Yogic Practices. – 2nd Ed., KaivalyadhamSamiti, Lonavala- 2001.
• Dr.Gharote M. L; Guideline for Yogic Practices – 2nd Ed., The Lonavala Yoga Institute (India), Lonavala- 2007
• Greenberg, Dintiman, Oakes. (2004). Physical Fitness & wellness.(3rd ed.) IL:Human kinetics.
• Halfield, F.C. (2001). Fitness : The Complete Guide. USA : International Sports Science Association.
• Jackson, A.L., Morrow, J.R. (2004). Physical activity for health & fitness. IL:Human kinetics.
• Kamlesh, M.L. (2002). Foundation of Physical Education. New Delhi : Metropolitan Book & Co. Ptd.Ltd.
• Kansal, D.K. (2012). A Text book of Applied Measurement Evaluation and Sports Selection (3rd Ed.).New Delhi : DVS Publication.
• Lock Hurt and others – Anatomy of the human body, Feber&Feber Oxford University, 1975
• Muller, J. P.(2000). Health, Exercise and Fitness. Delhi : Sports.
• Murgesh N. – Anatomy, Physiology and Health Education, Sathya, Chinnalapatti, 1990.
• NASPE. (2005). Physical Education for lifelong fitness. The physical Best teacher’s guide. IL:Human Kinetics
• Nieman, D.C.(1986). Fitness and Sports Medicine : Health Related Approach London: Mayfield Publishing Co.
• Nimbalkar. Sadashiv, Yoga for Health and Peace.- 6th Ed., Yoga VidyaNiketan, Mumbai., 2004.
• Pate R.R. &Hohn R.C. (1994). Health Fitness Through Physical Education. USA : Human Kinetics.
• Pandey ,&Gangopadhyay.(1995). Health Education for school children. New Delhi : Friends Publication.
• Safrit, M. (1990). Introduction to Measurement in Physical Education and Exercise Science. St. Louis,Toronto,Bastan : Times Mirror/Mosby College Publishing.
• Sharma, O.P. (1998). History of Physical Education. Delhi: Khel SahityaKendra.Werner. W.K., Hoeger. (2007). Fitness and Wellness. (8th ed.). Wadsworth, Cengage Learning.